December 11th, 2018
Rebecca Kennedy’s Summer Fit Tips
1. Shop in season. Stock up on fruits and veggies. They are prime for picking right now. Go for colors!
2. Lather on the sunblock. Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer. Use SPF 30 daily. Go!
3. Don’t skimp on sleep. Try to score a cool 6-8 hours a night. Hey, not being tired? Now that’s cool!
4. Drink more water. As the weather gets warmer, we sweat more and become dehydrated much quicker. Shoot for 2-3 litres of water a day.
5. Find some time for yourself. In the warmer months we tend to pack in the fun and fill our schedules with more commitments. Sit still for 10-20 minutes each day to calm down and de-stress.
6. Take your workout outside. Run, bike, walk, sign up for a race or do Evolve in the great outdoors!
7. Find a fit, like-minded friend. You’re much more likely to stay committed to healthy living when you have someone keeping you accountable.
8. Swim! Swimming is one of the best exercises for all bodies. It’s low impact, great for your cardiovascular system, and super fun. Get your doggie paddle on!
9. Wake up earlier. Score that workout before 9am and you’ll be more likely to make better choices throughout the day. Take the stairs, skip the processed treats and you’ll have more energy!
10. Prep your meals. Try to cook most of your meals yourself so you know exactly what you are putting into your body. If you’re heading out for a day trip, don’t let convenience supersede health. Pack a healthy summer salad instead of opting for a burger and fries.