February 24th, 2018
Recipe: Garlic Sautéed Spinach & Poached Eggs
If you’ve ever tried a classic Eggs Benedict, you know how delicious poached eggs can be atop warm toasted bread. But next time, try a bed of sautéed veggies instead. Poached eggs work beautifully on a bed of greens – and you’ll get to enjoy the vegetables’ nutritional benefits to boot. Garnish with cracked pepper and chili flakes, and you’ve got yourself a delicious and nutritious morning meal.
Gather your ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1-2 cups of mushrooms, chopped (White or Cremini)
- 1 small white onion
- Garlic, 1-2 cloves diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, to sauté
- Red chili flakes, to garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onions and mushrooms until softened.
- Poach your eggs (Refer to Quick Tip below). A few minutes before the eggs are finished, add spinach to the sauté mix, seasoning with a pinch of salt.
- To serve, pile a bed of spinach on each plate and top with two eggs. Sprinkle with chili flakes to taste.
Optional: Add sliced avocado or crumbled feta cheese for variety, or pair your dish with wholesome rye toast for a more filling meal.